Year 3 2019 - 2020
Members of Staff:
- Miss Wright/Mrs Cardiff (Teacher), Mrs Hobday (1:1 LSA), Mrs Sumner (1:1 LSA), Mrs Smith (1:1 LSA).
- Miss Jones (Teacher), Mrs Sumner (1:1 LSA), Mrs Hackett (1:1 LSA).
- Homework is given out each Wednesday. It will consist of one piece of Mathematics or one piece of English. Please make sure this is returned to class by the following Monday! Spellings are handed out on a Friday and the children will be tested on these the following Friday.
Home Learning Challenges:
- Practise your times tables each day to encourage instant recall of random timestables questions. Focus on 2,5,10,3,4 and 8. Don’t forget that you can use Times Tables Rockstars.
- Read a book of your choice with somebody at home each day for at least 20 minutes! Children can select their own reading matter but we would encourage them to explore quality texts that cover a variety of genres eg. fiction, non-fiction, poetry, classics, newspapers etc.
-You will find the lists of Common Exception Words for each year group attached. If you could start looking at the relevant words with your child, this would be helpful for them. Activities like playing snap with the words written on cards, or playing a memory game with a few words at at time, can really help children to absorb them.
- Enhance your mathematics skills using RMeasimaths.
- Improve your Spanish using Linguascope.
Pine - PE is on Mondays and Thursdays.
Alder - PE is on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school each day. In the winter, your child will take part in PE outdoors so long bottoms and a jacket are essentials to keep warm. Please can all items of clothing and footwear be clearly named.
Files to Download
Year 3: News items
Year 3: Blog items
Y3 Safer Internet Day, by Digital Leaders
Y3 An Amazing Week, by Digital Leaders
Year 3: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display