Year 2 2019 - 2020
Members of Staff
- Mrs McCarthy (Class Teacher), Mrs Hesketh (Class Teacher), Mrs Wilson (1:1 LSA - AM), Mr Akehurst(1:1 :LSA - PM)
- Mrs Noblett (Class Teacher), Mr Akehurst (1:1 LSA - AM), Mrs P Crook (1:1 LSA - PM), Mrs Barker (1:1 LSA)
Homework is given out each Friday. It will usually consist of Read, Write Inc spellings or Literacy and Language spellings. There will also be one piece of Maths work and Reading Comprehension task (if your child is in a reading group). Children will bring their reading books home daily.
Read, Write Inc/Literacy and Language spellings need to be returned by to following Thursday. Mathematics and Reading Comprehension homework should be returned by the following Friday.
Home Learning Challenges:
- Practise your times tables (2,3,5,10s). You can use Times Tables Rockstars.
- Read your reading book with somebody at home each day for at least 10 minutes.
- Enhance your mathematics skills using RMeasimaths.
- Improve your Spanish using Linguascope.
Beech class - Dance is on Tuesdays.
Rowan class - Dance is on Wednesdays.
Red Group - PE is on Fridays.
Blue Group - PE is on Fridays.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school each day.
Year 2: News items
Year 2: Blog items
Moving vehicles - Beech Class , by Digital Leaders
Y2 Giraffe’s Can’t Dance - The Value of Compassion, by Digital Leaders
Y2 Vehicles , by Digital Leaders
Year 2: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display