Reception 2019 - 2020
Members of Staff:
- Miss Davies (Teacher), Mrs Cooney (LSA), Miss Tynan (LSA)
- Mrs Matthews (Teacher), Miss Sharrock (LSA), Mrs Barker (LSA)
- Your child will bring home a reading book each week. Please read with your child regularly at home and record any reading in their yellow reading record.
- Children will be asked to complete a variety of activities for example, letter formation, spellings, remembering and writing a sentence. There may also be ‘tricky’ words to learn.
- Your child will be given homework from their ‘Read, Write, Inc’ teacher. This may be sounds to practise, words to sound out and write or tricky words.Your child will be given a small red homework book to write in or you may write in it to tell your child’s teacher what he/she has done at home.
- Complete homework in 'fun' ways e.g. spell words using magnetic letters, letters in the bath, write words in sand, bubbles in the bath, paint, chalk outside, shaving foam, water and paint brushes outdoors.
- Some children worry about getting it wrong. Encourage them to have a go. It may not be right everytime but that is okay! Sometimes children miss some sounds out in words, this is normal!
Home Learning Challenges
- Practise Read Write Inc sounds at home with your child each day. Here is a link for parents on how to say the sounds.
- Practise Maths at home by logging onto RMeasimaths Your child's password is in the front of their yellow reading record.
Ash - PE is on a Thursday morning.
Fir - PE is on a Friday morning.
Please ensure that your child has their PE kit in school each day.
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Reception: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display