Reception 2020 - 2021
Members of Staff:
- Miss Davies (Teacher), Miss Cunliffe (LSA), Mrs Smith (LSA)
- Mrs Cooney (Teacher), Miss Cunliffe (LSA), Mrs Hackett (LSA)
- Initially we will provide you direct you to the website 'Oxford Owl' so that you are able to share reading books at home. Your child will also be given some words and sounds to learn at home.
In the future:
- Your child will bring home a reading book each week. Please read with your child regularly at home and record any reading in their yellow reading record.
- Children will be asked to complete a variety of activities for example, letter formation, spellings, remembering and writing a sentence. There may also be ‘tricky’ words to learn.
- Your child will be given homework from their ‘Read, Write, Inc’ teacher. This may be sounds to practise, words to sound out and write or tricky words.Your child will be given a small red homework book to write in or you may write in it to tell your child’s teacher what he/she has done at home.
- Complete homework in 'fun' ways e.g. spell words using magnetic letters, letters in the bath, write words in sand, bubbles in the bath, paint, chalk outside, shaving foam, water and paint brushes outdoors.
- Some children worry about getting it wrong. Encourage them to have a go. It may not be right everytime but that is okay! Sometimes children miss some sounds out in words, this is normal!
Home Learning Challenges
- Practise Read Write Inc sounds at home with your child each day.
Ash - Thursday morning
Fir - Wednesday morning
We will notify you when PE will begin.
Reception: News items
There are no News items to display
Reception: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Reception: Gallery items
There are no Gallery items to display
Reception: Calendar items
There are no Calendar items to display