As of Friday 20th March 2020, schools were forced to close by the Government, with the exception of key workers' children. We are currently unsure how long these closures will last. We have prepared an extensive list below of online learning facilities to aid and advise home learning.
Home Learning Pack -Week beginning 23rd March 2020 & Week beginning 30th March 2020
Children have been provided with a paper based learning pack to cover the first 2 weeks of home learning. This pack includes the following;
- Daily timetable
- Worksheets & answers (Children can self mark or an adult can mark alongside the child)
- Individual logins to allow children to access websites that we subcribe to (see links below)
- Grids with suggested activities for topic based work.
Home Learning Online - Week beginning 20th April 2020
When children return to home learning after their two week Easter break, they can access the following as a starting point for basic core learning. You may wish to share their activities on our Twitter platform. If you wish to do more, our none screen activites, online lessons and home learning pack links are particularly useful.
White Rose Maths
- These are online lessons, with a teaching video, activity and opportunity to share answers.
- Pathways to Write - Children could complete a daily writing activity
- Pathway to Write - Practise a daily spelling card.
– Ruth Miskin is delivering a daily phonics lesson, on YouTube. These sessions are differentiated for Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
KS1 – Read a book of their choice, perhaps drawing a picture or writing a review at the end.
KS2 – Read a book of their choice, perhaps writing a review at the end / Reading Plus.
The Body Coach
(Joe Wicks) is a fantastic resource and can be accessed each day but any physical activity will prove beneficial.
Eccleston Mere Online Pupil Area
Children were provided with a login to access the pupil area of our school website in their home learning packs. Here, childen can make a wiki about a topic of interest or blog about their home learning. At the moment, we will not be setting online homework in this area as this webpage details all online learning.
Follow the instructions below to access our pupil area;
- Access the school website.
- Click on 'Student Login' and enter your child's username and password.
- Use this link
to watch a video about how the online pupil area works.
We subscribe to the following sites;
None Screen Activties
- See 'Files to download' below for larger vervsions - From Pobble and Spread the Happiness
Daily Online Lessons
Home Learning Packs
Subscription Sites - Free Access Offered
Below are some of the educational websites that are offering free access during school closures. These websites are fun and educational.
Twinkl (All ages/ All Subjects)
Twinkl is offering all Twinkl resources for a month, free of charge.
- Setting this up is really easy - Go to www.twinkl.co.uk/offer and enter the code UKTWINKLHELPS
Purple Mash (all areas, all ages)
- Fully mapped curriculum and schemes of work.
- Over 100 books in the ever-growing library.
Emile Education (all areas, all ages)
This an app and online program that covers the UK primary curriculum for numeracy and SPaG with some phonics. It is has a smart system that determines the player’s ability (via a Rating Game) and then allows them to play games and compete at their own level. Emile makes use of the latest games-based learning approaches and engages students so that they answer thousands of questions.
Other Useful Sites
Here is a list of lots of other useful wesites. Some of these websites do charge to access them.
(All ages, all areas)
(All areas, all ages all learning packs)
(All areas and learning packs)
(All areas, all ages)
(Maths, all areas, all ages)
(Maths, all ages)
(English, all ages)
Pick a Tale
(Stories, all ages)
(All areas, all ages)
(Outdoor learning, all ages)
Top Marks Maths
(Maths games, all ages, all years)
- Tinkercad - Set up an account and follow the tutorials
Please be extra vigilant when children are using devices and online content at home, please see our online safety page
for guides to keep children safe online.
Although we are working remotely, we are here and available. If you have any school requests, teacher questions or general enquiries please email us using our central email: email@example.com with the member of staff you wish to contact in the subject box.
Thank you for your ongoing support during this time.
Files to Download