Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 will be offered a universal free school meal.
Families who receive any of the qualifying benefits listed below should make an application for free school meals, even if your child is eligible for a universal free school meal or you choose to provide a meal from home. If your child is eligible for benefit related free school meals, they will remain eligible until Y6. Your child’s school will receive additional funding if you are in receipt of a qualifying award listed below and you claim free school meals.
- Universal Credit (with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400)
- Income Support
- Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee Element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit Run-On (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190